6990 Marine Way, Irvine, CA
Our next soccer game of the season will be on Wednesday 11/16/16 night at 8:30PM at the Orange County Great Park (see direction below).
We currently have 5 pre-pay slots available. If you would like to play the entire season, please pay $35 check or cash.
If you only want to play occasionally, you may pay per game for $7/game, subject to a first-come-first-serve waiting list. A sign-up sheet would be provided by the organizer at the field.
Field address: 6990 Marine Way, Irvine, CA
- Enter from Trabuco Road;
- Proceed straight (going East);
- Turn right at Ridge Valley. Proceed for about .25 mile;
- Turn left into Squadron Parking Lot.
Here are the rules for the new season:
1. There will be a total of 26 games (July 6th through December 28th, 2016). The fee for the entire season is $150/player/season, which will cover the field rental, lights, and liability insurance;
2. There will be a total of 26 pre-paid slots available (9/14 update: 5 slots left). Sign-up will be based on first-come, first-serve. Please respond to this email as soon as you can in order to secure a spot;
3. After signing up successfully, you are expected to pay in full BEFORE the new season starts on Wednesday, July 6th, 2016;
4. If you don’t want to sign up for the whole season but just want to come play once in a while, you have two options:
a. You may ask for an explicit permission from a pre-paid player to substitute for a particular game. You will then be treated as the pre-paid player and be guaranteed a spot if you arrive before the game starts at 9:00PM. You won’t have to pay for the game - You just need to pay the player you would substitute;
b. Without a substitution, you may simply come to the field early to be placed on a waiting list.
i. If there is not enough pre-paid players for the night, you may play on a first-come, first-serve basis. In this case, you would need to pay to play - $7 if you play from the beginning, $5 if you have to wait and play part of the game;
ii. If there is enough pre-paid players to start the game, you would need to wait for 30 minutes before you can be sub’d in. The team captains will try to sub both teams simultaneously, based on the sign-up time on the wait list, and will try to sub every 10~15 minutes.
5. As a pre-paid player, you will be guaranteed a spot to play, so long as you arrive before the games starts at 9:00PM. If you arrive late, you will be treated as other non-prepaid players and be placed on a waiting list, except that you won’t have to pay again;
6. We will try to accommodate up to 28 players each game (max. number of players);
7. All players will need to sign a waiver in order to be covered by the insurance for potential injuries. The waiver will be distributed in future emails or on the field on game nights;
8. Be respectful to each other. No physical violence and/or verbal abuse is allowed.
To clarify, here is the priority hierarchy for players:
PRIORITY 1 Players:
Players who pre-paid for the whole season. They are guaranteed to play so long as they arrive before the game starts at 9:00PM. Right now we have 8 more pre-paid slots available for grap;
PRIORITY 2 Players:
Players who RSVP'd. They will be placed on the top of the wait list, ahead of other walk-in players. However, if you don't show up after RSVP'd, you will be banned for a month. They will pay $7/game (or $5/game if subs are needed to accommodate other players;
PRIORITY 3 Players:
Walk-in players. They will pay $7/game (or $5/game if subs are needed to accommodate other players). Please note you may NOT be allowed to play if the RSVP is full.