This is a book club for anyone interested in reading and discussing books dealing with Global Warming and Climate Change. The group will stick with books based on peer-reviewed science. Do I need a Ph.D. to attend? No, no scientific background is needed, only a love of books. Can I attend if I am unsure if global warming is real, or if I am a global warming denier? Certainly. The books are written for lay people to read and understand, and we welcome all views in our discussions.
How will a typical meeting unfold? We will first introduce ourselves. Then we will go around the room and each participant will have 6 to 7 minutes to speak to the book and express their views. After this, the floor will be open for a general discussion.
This is the book list we hope to get through for 2019 and listed in no particular order:
• "The Uninhabitable Earth - Life After Warming" David Wallice-wells - It's a NYT bestseller - Completed.
• "This Changes Everything" Naomi Klein
• "Climate Change - What Everyone Needs to Know" Joseph Romm
• "Drawdown - The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed..." Paul Hawken
• "Losing Earth - A Recent History" Nathaniel Rich
• "Don't Even Think About It - Why Brains are Wired to Ignore Climate Change" George Marshal
• "Falter - Has the Human Game Begun to Play Itself Out?" Bill McKibben
• "The Republican Brain - The Science of why They Deny Science" Chris Mooney
• "Merchants of Doubt" Erik Conway
• "What We Know About Climate Change" Kerry Emaneul
• "Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth about the Coming Climate Catastrophe" James Hansen
• "Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Chrisis" Jared Diamond
• Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy, Eraby/Amory Lovins