What we're about
We want our members to take an active role in scheduling events because there’s more to see and do than the three of us can organize, host, or attend! Therefore, all members of the Greater Dayton Area Brewery Enthusiasts (GDABE) will have the role of “Event Organizer” with the ability to schedule and host events on our meetup site. In general, an event should include the opportunity for members to drink craft beers—we are brewery enthusiasts you know! Of course responsible drinking is mandatory. Aside from that, you can dream up whatever event you are interested in. If you’re not sure, check out our calendar page to see what types of events have been scheduled in the past.
Hosting an event is simple:
· Once your role has been changed to “Event Organizer,” you will see a prompt at the top of the group’s homepage “+ Schedule a new Meetup.”
· When you click on the link, a new screen will open, prompting you to fill in the pertinent details.
· After you have filled in the information and clicked “Schedule this Meetup,” a pop-up screen will appear asking if you want to “Announce Meetup.” Selecting that prompt will send a message to all members receiving notifications of new meetups. If you do not announce the meetup, members will only find out about it if they log in and view our meetup homepage.
· As the event host, you will receive notifications when people RSVP for the event. The day of the event, you can print an attendee list under “Tools,” or you can “check-in” attendees on the Meetup phone app.
· Finally, show up and have fun!
Simple, right? Well, there are a few details to consider . . .
To read more about scheduling considerations and our disclaimer, please check out the Pages link at the top of our meetup homepage. And as always, feel free to reach out to one of us if you have any questions!
Paige, Bernice, Caroline