|Sent on:||Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:41 PM|
Have you heard about Pop-up Picnics coming Sunday, September 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.?! Our friends at Slow Food Denver, Grow Local Colorado and Healthy Realities have put this super fun community event together to celebrate local food, slowing down and connecting community. Like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PopUpPicnicDenver) and plan to host a Pop-up Picnic (and feel free to post your picnic here as a meet-up, the more the merrier). Join in the fun!
Here are some more details:
Slow Down. Eat Real Food. Build Community.
Gather your friends, have a picnic, and let us know about it... easy enough?!?
HOW you picnic and WHERE you picnic is what we want to know.
Participants are encouraged to be clever, artful, and provocative in their choice of site and set-up. Inclusion of music and visual arts is acceptable... in other words, if you heart so desires, don't be afraid to GO ALL OUT.
**If you are willing to host a picnic, please RSVP on the "Event" tab on the Pop-Up Picnic facebook page and post where your picnic will be.**
The only requests for the picnic sites are:
1) Everyone is sitting down and eating a meal
2) Create menus using freshly prepared real food... think local if possible! (Check out Meal Ideas under the Notes section on the Pop-Up Picnic Facebook page for some inspiration!)
3) You make and display a “POP UP PICNIC” sign at your site.
4) A video is made on participants phones, having them answer 5 questions (see below) about their site and experience. The videos will then be emailed to: [address removed] or uploaded to the Facebook page
5) Have an awesome time planning and enjoying your picnic!
Questions to be answered on video:
1) Where are you?
2) Who are you?
3) What is your menu?
4) What is real food (mean to you)?
5) Why is sitting down to a meal important?
Anything else you want to add… a secret talent, a song, a dance, a poetry reading, etc.
Hope your summer is rockin',