addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Harvesting honey from our langstroth hive

Harvesting honey from our langstroth hive

Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 96
We left our honey in our hive over the winter hoping it would give our bees a little extra survival kick. Unfortunately, it did not, and our hive didn't make it through the winter. :-( Does anyone know where we can go get the honey spun out now?
Rebecca K.
user 9708933
Denver, CO
Post #: 12
I would ask "To Bee or not to Bee" a beekeeping supply store, they have tons of connections and they might even offer that service themselves. They are at 725 West 39th Ave here in Denver. They can have strange hours so check with the website or such 1st to see if they are open. Their phone number is 303-728-4422.

-Becky
Knapp Landscape Architecture
Delicia Beaty I am...
DeliciaB
Westminster, CO
Post #: 539
Oh man! that is a bummer. I bet David Braden would have tips for future reference ...

Organic landscape design
Applewood permaculture

David Braden IV
(303) 549-9787

Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 97
Yeah, we really don't know what happened. This is the second hive we've lost and we feel like we've been super careful. I'm wondering if our neighbor's twice a year pesticide spraying has anything to do with it. She has a guy out twice a year to spray pesticides on her trees. However, she just had to cut down all the trees that border our property so maybe we'll get less of it blown into our yard this year? We'll see.