addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Sharing Is Caring.

Sharing Is Caring. A place to post what you want to give away, have to loan, or otherwise share.

StoryVille B.
FreedomGarden
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I'll start.

I want to give away free plum trees to good homes.

I have too many plum trees in my Westminster yard. I have to get rid of some of the saplings, and I can't bear to just cut them down. These trees bear delicious purple plums. I harvested over 16 pounds of plums last year from this grove. I made 3 batches of plum jam myself, and gave the rest of the plums away.

Call me if you want two or three, and bring a pail and a shovel. 303-990-1824 for the address.

Lynne
Mike
user 43465662
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I called and left message! I really miss the plums that grow on my farm back in Oklahoma in abundance. Those are Sand Cherry Plums and you can find them on most any fence row or easment around our place. They are such a treat!...mike
A former member
Post #: 28
Lynne,

Would the tree(s) thrive in a container until fall? I'm in a temporary living situation right now and wouldn't want to put them down in the ground until early fall when we get our own house here. If you don't think they will, then I will pass so they can go to a better home. Thanks!

Laura
Claire P.
user 14562060
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
Lynn:

Thank you so much for the offer. I left a voicemail but thought it might be easier to write here. Please give me a call if we can come by today either before noon or after my son's nap. My cell is 303.378.7573.

Warmest wishes,
Claire