addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 117
Or fisherpersons. :-)
I love seafood so much, but it's shipped from so far away and ocean fisheries are tapped, etc, etc, so I'm thinking I need to find a more local source of fish. The problem is I've never tried a freshwater fish I like. Are there any fresh water fish here in Colorado that I can fish for that would be a good replacement for fish like orange roughy, halibut, salmon, or mahi mahi? I haven't fished since I was a little girl but I used to really enjoy the act, just not eating what I caught, which my family always served up fried (I'm not a bug fan of fried fish in general anyhow). I know I don't like catfish for sure, what other options are there? Trout? What does that taste like not fried?
keith
user 10961147
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
If you want fish, here is a good and easy way to do it yourself. These guys have a bunch of corny videos. http://theurbanfarmin...­
Dennis S.
user 62754102
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Speaking just from my own experience, there really isn't a comparable freshwater fish. They tend to be much softer and flakier, with more mellow flavors. That being said, they can be pretty delicious cooked right. You can cook them just about any way you could cook an ocean fish, with the usual methods being baking and frying. I'm partial to trout myself. It's not very difficult to set up a basic aquaponics setup. However, the easiest species to raise depends mostly on the temperature of the water. If you don't want to get to involved you could always find someone who goes fishing regularly and ask to buy some of their fish.