addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Is anyone intrested in learning how to build a homebrew wind turbine.
Or intrested in just seeing how the system works.

or take a group tour of one of the local wind farms.

Let me know what you all think.

just seeing if there is some intrest at this point in the group

Bryan

Everett S.
user 3883092
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Bryan,

I'm definitely interested. I was going to see if we could come out and have a look at your turbines for the next meetup but it looks like you are no longer able to meet on that day. Let me know if I am mistaken.

We can always schedule for a different day.

Regards,

Everett
A former member
Post #: 4
Definately interested in a DIY wind generator (class?). Please let me know when/if you're up for a get-together.

Catherine
A former member
Post #: 3
we could go over the basics in a 1hr period, but to build a actual wind turbine from scratch as a hands on
class would take the better part of an entire weekend.

I would be happy to do some type of class on wind turbines, such as how a wind turbine works.
what to look for when buying a turbine. what is all involved in setting up a turbine, what is involved in building a turbine.

we can take it as far as any of you are willing to go with it.

I am getting ready to finish the stator for my new turbine that I am currently working on.

I still have to pour the new concrete for the new tower. hopefully In a month I will be ready to have a wind turbine
raising party.

this might be a good time to go over the basics of a turbine while it is on the ground and where you can see all the working components up close. and then we all can have fun raising it.

we even could throw a few hot dogs on the grill.

What do you all think?

Bryan
Everett S.
user 3883092
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
OK Bryan, you're on! Let's plan a date for a wind turbine raising party / introduction to backyard wind turbine class. How about the first or second weekend of March?
A former member
Post #: 11
yes I would love to learn how to build one. or tour one. I know this sunday May 17 they are installing one of the Windspires on the extreme makerover tv show. We have been looking at these they are the least expensive units that come with the works.

Kathleen
A former member
Post #: 10
I'd be very interested in getting up close and personal with some wind/solar power generators. I didn't check to see if a meetup has already occurred on this topic but I'd be an eager participant in a future one (but not before July).