addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Propose Meetups - Volunteer to Host › Late Fall: Earthship Chicken coop

Late Fall: Earthship Chicken coop

Jim P.
AdventureJim
Lafayette, CO
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this group for a few months. I haven't been able to get to any of the meetups so far as spring is my busy season and I've either been either traveling or recuperating from trips for months.

So, Hi!

My wife and I were talking about removing the ugly shed in our backyard and replacing it with an earthship-esque permacuture inspired chicken coop/greenhouse. It's going to take ages to absorb all the earthship building techniques in Michael Reynolds' books, but when the time comes, it would be great fun to have a tire-pounding work party!

Anyone out there interested in or have knowledge of rammed earth earthship design and construction?

Jim

Everett S.
user 3883092
Denver, CO
Post #: 37
I've read all the books, but don't have any hands-on experience. I'd be happy to help out if you get someone who knows what they're doing to guide us.
Kay H.
user 9171294
Kittredge, CO
Post #: 9
I know nothing about this stuff, but I would love to help build it and learn.....--Kay