addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
MzMyrhia
MzMyrhia
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Searching for a goat vet when this website popped up. Scoped out the postings and like the idea of meet ups and exchanges with like minded folks. Along with being an Urban Nomad Homesteader, (kind of an oxymoron.) I'm also a prepper. My earliest memories are of stashing something away for an emergency -cheese, crackers, koolaide. Drove my Mom nuts. Joined any group willing to teach wood lure and self sufficiency from Brownies to Civil Air Patrol. Then, there were the “old folks” tales I could sit and listen for hours on the adversities and challenges they had to overcome. They truthfully get to say, been there - done that.

Homesteading has been a 25 year search for the right location. Couldn't decide on the where, so focused on the stuff needed to have on hand for when the “stead” was found. Started with a van traveling the Blue Highways (the blue lines on old maps) until now the “home” part is a 40 ft RV conversion bus (Grizzabella) that I added a wood burning stove, solar and wind, hydroponic container gardening and two travel critters. Even though I've resided at my current location for several years, I'm not the land owner, so I remain in “gypsy” mode.

My caravan has slightly enlarged with a green house, a dozen Earth Boxes, a half dozen Aero Gardens, Salad Trees (my own design), other assorted mismatch plant containers, two fountains, a replacement gazebo (The wind got the first one two years ago. This one is still in the box and this is the year it goes up!) Oh, and my motorcycle....and the van, ….the bike with the trailer.... The shed with the garden stuff... Where did all this “stuff” come from??? How am I going to move it all????

Most of what I know is from talking to others, reading and experimenting. Besides the goats, want to learn more about gardening with dirt, (got stuff to build a potato box), composting, canning and wine making. Yep, I'm a goat newbie. Prepping the space for my small herd of Nigerian's currently boarded in the Dakota's. Will be staying with the rancher for a couple of weeks to learn the ropes on the care, feeding and milking of my critters.

I've done a ton of dehydrating, container gardening and installing basic solar 12v systems. Have catered food for several years and am a smorgasbord of useful and useless information and recipes. Like laundry soap making with borax and washing soda. Desulfating batteries using Epsom salt. Sugar on wounds for quick healing. Look forward to meeting and sharing with folks.