We will be working with the Friends of Uplands Park and helping restore Cattle Point and Uplands Park by removing English Ivy and planting a variety of native forbs and plants!
This event is on rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Meet in the grass area at Cattle Point across the street from Uplands Park. Here is the Google MAP of the meeting location. Parking is available in the parking lot HERE
How to get to the location
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit or use Google Maps.
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 12:00PM for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Learn about the beautiful Garry Oak habitat and park, and go on a tour with Wylie of the Friends of Uplands Park
• Remove English Ivy and plant plants!
• Take a break after about 1.5 hour with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 3:15pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you're under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat and sunscreen if it is sunny.
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don't have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
Friends of Uplands Park and District of Oak Bay