We will be removing English Ivy and Daphne from Christmas Hill (which is part of Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary).
We will be working rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
We will meet at the top of Nicholson Ave at the entrance of Christmas Hill. Click on MAP to see the meeting location. Very limited parking is located on Nicholson Road. Please try and carpool!
How to get to the site
Click HERE for map of area and refer to the Christmas Hill area (Saanich Road to Eagle Rock and left onto Nicholson Rd. seems to be a good way from Mckenzie).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time). If you do arrive late and can't find us, please give me a call at[masked]-9078.
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove Ivy and Daphne
• Take a break after about 1.5 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you're under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate (please email [masked] for a copy of our waiver form)
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, sunscreen and a hat in case it is sunny
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don't have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience in a beautiful park!