Needs a location
We will be removing invasive Scotch Broom with the Habitat Acquisition Trust on Mt. Matheson! There will be lunch provided, and snacks throughout the day! Plus you can stay after 3pm for a refreshing swim in the lake!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER HERE: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Working rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Here is the exact location of our meeting place tomorrow: https://bit.ly/2nbfdjV
How to get to the location
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list) or use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. Also, please offer the driver a bit of gas money to help cover this cost.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Remove invasive plants, mainly Scotch Broom
• Volunteer until 12:00pm then enjoy a lunch!!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Don't forget to get your parent to sign the parent consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• Refillable water bottle (we have extra cups in case you forget yours!)
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too especially if it's wet!!
• Bathing suit and towel if you would like to swim!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful area!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• If you need to confirm your hours for school or another program a volunteer letter emailed to you
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://bit.ly/2oWAT3G
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos: http://bit.ly/2Db7d7W
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
COLLABORATORS / PARTNERS
The Habitat Acquisition Trust has partnered with us for this event!