We will be removing invasive plants like Blackberry from Havenwood Park!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER HERE: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
UNDER 19? Please ensure the PARENT CONSENT FORM is signed (available online at the link above when you register as a volunteer)
You only every have to register as a volunteer ONCE We'll be at the park volunteering rain or shine
We will meet at the main entrance to Havenwood Park off of Veteran’s Memorial Highway here: http://bit.ly/2G41xzB
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://bit.ly/2DakrC2) or use Google Maps (http://bit.ly/1hSWCQ7)
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
FLOW OF THE ACTIVITY
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• If you can't find us, please call me at[masked]
• Remove invasive plants, clear trails
• Take a break after about 1.5 hour with lunch and refreshments!
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Don't forget to get your parent to sign the parent consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• Refillable water bottle (we have extra cups in case you forget yours!)
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too especially if it's wet!!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• If you need to confirm your hours for school or another program a volunteer letter emailed
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://bit.ly/2oWAT3G
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos: http://bit.ly/2Db7d7W
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
COLLABORATORS / PARTNERS
Friends of Havenwood Park (https://havenwoodpark.wordpress.com) and Habitat Acquisition Trust (http://www.hat.bc.ca)
Thanks to the City of Colwood for helping fund this activity and other Green Team activities in Colwood!