We will be working with the Town of Sidney Parks to remove invasive plants from the beautiful Roberts Bay Park. This is our very first Green Team activity in Sidney!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER HERE: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
UNDER 19? Please ensure the PARENT CONSENT FORM is signed (available online at the link above when you register as a volunteer)
You only every have to register as a volunteer ONCE We'll be at the park volunteering rain or shine
We will meet at the end of 3rd Street by Whidby Lane here: http://bit.ly/2Vtg3rt
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://bit.ly/2DakrC2) or use Google Maps (http://bit.ly/1hSWCQ7)
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
FLOW OF THE ACTIVITY
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• If you can't find us, please call me at[masked]
• Remove invasive plants
• Take a break after 1.5 hours with refreshments!
• Volunteer until 1:00pm, sign-out, then grab your eco-gift from one of our SPONSORS (https://www.meetup.com/Greater-Victoria-Green-Team/sponsors/)
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Don't forget to get your parent to sign the parent consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• Refillable water bottle (we have extra cups in case you forget yours!)
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too especially if it's wet!!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• If you need to confirm your hours for school or another program a volunteer letter emailed
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://bit.ly/2oWAT3G
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos: http://bit.ly/2Db7d7W
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
We are working with the Town of Sidney: http://www.sidney.ca
This activity was partially funded by the Town of Sidney through a fee-for-service partnership! This partnership will increase community engagement, raise environmental awareness & increase their capacity to improve their local parks & riparian areas