We will be removing English ivy and other invasive plants from Kaltasin Park in Sooke!!
Step 1. If you haven't done so, please register as a GVGT Volunteer and sign the waiver here: https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/greater_victoria_green_team_volunteer_registration_form
This event is on rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Kaltasin Park is located at the end of Kaltasin Road (1900 Kaltasin Road) here: http://bit.ly/2HqcJHV
How to get to the location
Carpool from Victoria: https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/u8b29p
If you can offer a ride, please add yourself to the event, or if you need a ride, add yourself to one of the cars going up!
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list) or use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions.
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove invasive plants like English Ivy
• Take a break after about 1.5 hour with refreshments and snacks.
• Volunteer until you can and sign-out at end, plus take home an eco gift provided by one of our sponsors: https://www.greenteamscanada.ca/supporters/in-kind/
What to bring
• If you're under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please have your parents fill in this form: http://bit.ly/2WdZeAT
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat and sunscreen if it is sunny.
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don't have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
Refreshments (bring a water bottle)
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
District of Sooke www.Sooke.ca