To participate, please fill in Volunteer Registration (if you have participated before, you may have already signed this form. You only need to fill it in once): https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/greater_victoria_green_team_volunteer_registration_form
We will be removing invasive plants like English Ivy, blackberry and other invasives from Esquimalt Gorge Park. Be sure to spend a bit of time before or after the work party exploring this beautiful park that contains North America's first Japanese garden (established 100 years ago).
Rain or Shine!
In Esquimalt Gorge Park at the Gorge Waterway Nature House HERE: http://bit.ly/2JNRktr
How to get to the location
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list) or use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove English Ivy and other invasive plants.
• Take a break after about 1.5 hour with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you're under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Fill in form here: https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/greater_victoria_green_team_volunteer_registration_form
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat/sunscreen if it is sunny
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don't have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
Township of Esquimalt (http://www.esquimalt.ca)