OK, so Minnesotans would scoff at our Southern California winter, but still, it is winter, and there are definite adjustments to be made in how we approach herbal usage, the foods we eat, and our lifestyle.
In the class prior to this, we discuss immune support and protection against cold and flu, but there are many other issues to content with during the winter:
• The extraordinary demands of the holidays: anxiety, depression, even fear can attend our holiday table (sometimes staying for a week or two) and create enormous stresses
• Contending with colder, wetter conditions, and how those can affect our overall health
• Changes in eating patterns brought on by holiday foods and availability of local, seasonal foods, and how to support our digestion during this time
• Changes in body weight due to all the parties, dinners, candy, cookies, pie, gravy.....
• changes in energy levels, sunlight exposure, and so much more.
If we truly want to honor the changing seasons, we will look to ways to adjust our herbs, foods and daily habits to care for ourselves more mindfully during this time. In this class, we'll consider ideas, try out herbal remedies, and take home some samples, recipes and ideas to implement right away, in support of our Winter health and comfort.
Go to Attendee List