Location visible to members
Hosted by the beautiful Central London bar, The Marylebone, in collaboration with Offset Warehouse (https://www.offsetwarehouse.com/), I'm delighted to confirm our first Afterwork Networking event!
The Marylebone have generously agreed to launch our group in style, by offering a complimentary glass of prosecco to the first 30 attendees … so the sooner you join in the fun, the better!
This is a great opportunity to network with like-minded people, share your views and learn something new. I'll also bring my bag of fabrics along, for you to have a good rummage through. If you want to learn more about sewing, the design industry or how to make a positive change in the lives of those who create your beautiful fabric and clothing... we can't wait to meet you.
Why Should You Come?
1. Friendship: Meeting someone who shares your views is extremely uplifting and valuable. Friends who understand you keep you motivated, are a sounding board for ideas and will listen to you when you need it. You may not solve the world’s problems by the end of the evening, but those conversations can be the most inspiring and become something to look forward to each month.
2. Opportunities: Just one contact can open doors you never expected. Think joint ventures, client leads, partnerships, speaking and writing gigs... If you're not getting enough opportunities, then you need to build your network.
3. Advice: There are some things that even Google can’t tell you. Individuals are incredibly valuable sources of knowledge, and even better, can help you avoid the same mistakes they made.
4. Mutual help: Sometimes, it's just about asking for a boost in website hits, or writing a blogpost to boost your reputation or sales, or helping you build conversation and community in a facebook page, or fixing some dodgy code... there's an unlimited number of ways that you can help someone and they can return the favour.
5. Positive Influence: You become who you associate with. If you surround yourself with the right people then the attitudes, habits, world view, and associations will rub off. Mirroring successful people is a proven way to improve your own performance.
The tribe you select will have a profound impact on your work and life, so choose well.
Format of The Evening
The evening will be incredibly casual and filled with a huge variety of friendly people - so please don't feel intimidated. We're delighted to welcome anyone from students, to fashion designers, to full-time mums, to business owners into the group. If you're interested in fashion and sustainability, this is a brilliant opportunity to drop in, meet other amazing people, share ideas and learn. With exciting events in the pipeline, this first event is also really an opportunity for me chat to you about the sorts of things you'd like to learn about, and the inspiring speakers you'd like to hear from.
Situated in the heart of Marylebone High St, The Marylebone is a modern bar specialising in cocktails made with the unique twist of in-house infusions, and serving a wide range of beers and wine. If you miss your complimentary glass of prosecco, you'll still be able to take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer on an incredible selection of cocktails from 8pm to 9pm. We've reserved the "back room", located to the side of the bar, so there will be plenty of space to mingle.
We look forward to meeting you on Monday 27th February!
Any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch: