The nearest 2018 Int'l Moto Show is in Long Beach. So, let's see who would like to go on a road trip. Plan for Thursday or Friday departures.
sunrise ☼ 6:51 AM ~ 4:57 PM ☽ sunset
• When: Thursday or Friday November 16th/17th
• Where: TBD
• Pace: Intermediate or Adventurous Beginners
• Gear: Cold mornings, Cool midday, possibly wet
• Motorcycle: 250cc or larger
• Route: Minimal freeway, a lot of lonely side roads. Links to → map and details to follow
• Lodging: multiple choices
• Tickets: Buy them HERE (https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/2949399/2018-ims-long-beach-long-beach-long-beach-convention-center) !!!
Words of Wisdom:
- Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK (http://www.groupridesforum.net/pages/Liability_Release/)
- Recommended Reading: THE PACE (http://www.rka-luggage.com/A17%20The%20Pace/the%20pace%202.pdf)By Nick Lenatsch.
- Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
- Ensure you and your motorcycle are in good working conditions.
- Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
- Ride staggered in straights. In twisties single file and 2-3+ seconds apart.
- Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
- Leads will maintain The Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
- Do not make unsafe passes, or pass from the right.
- When we stop at gas stations, fill up. That may be the only gas stop of the ride.
- If you need to leave early, be sure to tell the lead and sweep. Be in the back of the group when leaving so no one follows.
- It's a good idea to have road side emergency and towing service membership (e.g., AAA). Or call Ambroz Towz @ (510)[masked] for moto tow with care.
- Getting a flat tire in not uncommon. Carry "Stop & Go" tire repair kit. GroupRides gets a group discount. See this link (https://www.meetup.com/GroupRides/pages/19508143/Preferred_Dealers_and_Motorcycle_Services/) for more info.
- Carry water and snacks.
- Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
- Please keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, we all have to go look for them:
Be sure you are 100% familiar with group riding etiquette and safety protocols. Please read THIS LINK !!! (https://tinyurl.com/GroupRidingEtiquette)
Support GroupRides Forum: http://www.meetup.com/GroupRides/pages/Support