#NewbiesMatter! They sure do.
We were all newbies once, and we want newbies to pick up good and sound riding habits, improve their skills and enjoy this sport for many years.
This will be a nice and mellow newbie friendly ride though smooth and creamy moto roads of Santa Cruz mountains in area codes 650, 408 and 831. You can expect a a zig-zaggy guided tour through thru picturesque back-roads surrounded by trees, creeks, hills, valleys and the mighty Pacific.
There will be some semi-technical sections that are not appropriate for brand new riders (with less that 1 year or 12 months of seat time). So, while this is a newbie friendly ride, it's not intended for totally new riders. Experienced riders of course are welcome to come for this "Lazy Sunday" ride.
- - - - - -
• When: Sunday 8/18, arrive 9:30 AM (for coffee, gossip and group hugs); KSU 10 AM. Let's start the ride with a full tank and an empty bladder :-)
• Where: Skywood Trading Post, 17287 Skyline Boulevard, where 35 and 84 meet, across the street from Alice's (Map Link: http://goo.gl/Mn8DW8)
• Pace: Not fast. Not too slow either. Just right :-)
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring one with you ;-)
• Route: Superb back-roads in 650, 408 and 831 area codes. There will be stretches of smooth & creamy glorious tarmac, accompanied by some bumps, twists & turns with a splash of diminishing radius. We hope everyone will ride within their comfort zone. I know I will ;-)
• Lunch: Tentatively, lunch/rest stop will be in Pescadero.
See this link: https://goo.gl/maps/w7SnQ1246a1Rba819
< We will park in the parking lot next to "Mercado & Taqueria De Amigos". They have nice Mexican food. Outdoor tables in picnic area behind the parking lot are for those who bring their lunch, like myself :-)
There are also 3 eateries nearby, Duarte's (slow service, expensive), Arcangeli Market/Deli (sandwiches) and Downtown Local (cafe) . Plan 55 minutes from arrival until we stage. KSU at 1 hour sharp from Mercado & Taqueria De Amigos >
• Ride ends around 3:30 PM back in civilization, somewhere along Skyline
• Homework: Please read these important stuff → https://tinyurl.com/GRF-Etiquette
• Here's how you can support "GroupRides" → http://www.meetup.com/GroupRides/pages/Support