We are a small community that enjoys eating amazing, healthy food that we grow, prepare and share from home gardens, by harvest and hunting skills, and "living off the land" in the grand frontier we call Alaska.
We want to live Wild. Live Local. Live Free.
In early 2017, we tapped some birch trees, made wine, screened some movies, cooked some locally-grown dishes and talked about upcoming topics. This is what we decided on for the summer:
• Teach free classes on basic square-foot gardening to get beginners educated and excited about growing for themselves.
• Advanced demonstrations and tours for those who might want to "geek out" on growing, aquaponics, aeroponics, hydroponics, permaculture, farm construction and design, beekeeping, brewin, preserving and cooking.
• Regular potlucks and outings to meet new people and build bonds to grow a self-sufficent community
• Getting together on a regular basis to talk about potential ways and projects we can do to bring good community change to Anchorage and Alaska, and talk about rules and restrictions to urban growing.
• Organize subsistence outings including fishing, foraging, hunting and processing of Alaskan game.