addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Organic, Edible Gardening in Orange County. Message Board › Important Square Foot Gardening Updates – Please Read!!

Important Square Foot Gardening Updates – Please Read!!

GregS
GregStevenson
Group Organizer
Foothill Ranch, CA

How’s it growing?
Sorry for dramatic subject, but I did not want to send multiple emails and I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of item one below.

• The Meetup for April is NOT this Saturday (the 9th). Living Green is now holding weekly workshops so I moved it to the 23rd which about when we normally have our Meetups.
  • Many people who have joined this Meetup have not yet attended a meetup. Read the reviews of the past meetups. I think you will enjoy attending. Anyway, I put up a short poll so you can indicate why you haven’t attended and how we can make the Meetups better. Please take two minutes to fill it out.
  • I am willing speak on Square Foot Gardening anywhere in SoCal and willing help others organize Square Foot Gardening Meetups outside of the Orange County area. Initially, I will speak for free if the group consists of at least 25 adults. The lecture is 60 minutes followed by 30 minutes for Q&A. This a good way to get a core group of SFGers started in your area. Email me, if you are interested in having me speak in your area. I can also give you suggestions on how to get a venue, find local people interested in attending, etc.
  • I am creating a map of Square Foot Gardens in SoCal. If you have a SFG (or when you do) please email me some photos and your address. Partial address is fine, we will not use street numbers but zip code with street name or Long/Lat values of nearest main intersection would be nice. I think it will be great fun to see the map and gardens grow over the course of the summer.

That’s in for now. Be sure to take the poll and RSVP (Yes or No) for the Meetup on the 23rd.

--Greg
Michelle F.
AuntChelle
Costa Mesa, CA
Post #: 1
HI Greg! I just joined yesterday and plan on going to the meeting on April 23rd. Here is a picture of our garden. We just planted it on Tuesday. We are in Costa Mesa, 92627. I look forward to seeing the map!

Cheers,
Michelle