Welcome to the Guitar Meet-Up Group RTP - Abbey Road - Mondays 7-10 pm
The group was founded at Abbey Road Pub in Cary by Cowboy singer/songwriter JPaul in April 2014. We gather in a reserved room each Monday from 7-10 pm, and welcome acoustic guitar players, vocalists, non-drum-kit percussionists, wood flutists, etc. who want to learn from others and share what they know.
The goal of this Meet-Up is to be a place where you can:
1) Play and sing with other guitarists and musicians
2) Share songs you like, or wrote, and show us how to play
3) Learn new songs and expand your repertoire
4) Offer playing tips to others, and learn new tips
5) Appreciate and encourage fellow players
6) Gain confidence in your playing/singing
To join us, you should:
1) Have a guitar and capo, or other acceptable instrument
2) Be open to most kinds of music (but no classical or rap)
3) Bring copies of lyrics/chords for songs you want to play
4) Be able to play basic chords, e.g. A, Am, C, D, E, Em F, G
5) Show appreciation and encouragement for others' efforts
We take turns leading songs, but we are a No-Pressure Meet-Up, and you can Play or Pass on your turn. No one expects perfection, so do your songs your way and no need to sound like any recording – just have fun with it !
Join us if you'd like to play music with others, learn/share songs and playing tips, appreciate others' skills, encourage newer players, and enjoy the company of other guitarists/musicians each Monday.
Due to space we are limited to 12 players max, so Please RSVP
See You There !