If you're like us and you prefer a totally casual, low-key, fun, and interactive environment in making new friends and contacts, then this group is for you! Singles and couples are welcome.
Our ages range from 25 - 50's. We are a very inclusive group and age is just a number!
Some of our events include: dinners, movie nights, game nights, festivals, coffee, parties, picnics, pub nights, fitness, hiking, live music and much more! We run events primarily in Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville, and sometimes in other ares. We are always open to suggestions so if there's something you're interested in doing and you don't see an event for it, let your leadership team know by sending us a direct message with your ideas.
Your organizers work hard to plan and host fun events for all our members and we always want as many members as possible to attend and enjoy themselves. In some instances we have to limit the number of attendees which sometimes creates a wait list of members who would like the opportunity to attend. By cancelling your RSVP on the day of the event or by not showing up at all, you’ve taken the place of someone who may have been able to attend. Where reservations are required, this can leave the group in bad standing with an establishment who was expecting a certain number and may have turned away other guests. We do understand that sometimes life events happen and we have no control over them, so we do allow a small number of late cancellations. The policy is as follows:
3 late cancellations and 3 no shows (this is a combined total) are permitted by a single group member. After 3 late cancellations and/or 3 no shows (combined total) that member will automatically be wait listed for an event they have RSVP’ed to. If there is room and no other members on the wait list the member will be able to attend.
A late cancellation is deemed as any member who has RSVP’ed yes to an event and then changed their RSVP the day of the event. A no show is deemed as any member who has RSVP’ed yes to an event and not shown up to the event with no change to their RSVP or message to the event organizer (note even if a message is sent it will be counted as late cancellation).
Covid 19 Regulations:
To keep all our members safe during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Hamilton-Burlington Premier Social Group will be implementing Covid-19 rules that will be followed at all events sanctioned by the Hamilton-Burlington Premier Social Group. These rules are in place for the health and safety of our members and follow federal, provincial, and municipal guidelines that are already in place in our communities. Any member who is not willing to follow these rules should abstain from attending any events run by the Hamilton-Burlington Premier Social Group during the Covid-19 pandemic. Your event host reserves the right to ask you to leave an event if you are not following the rules.
By keeping everyone safe we can continue to host fun events for everyone to participate in!
1. Practice physical distancing by keeping 2 meters (6 feet) from other members.
2. A mask must be worn when physical distancing can not be achieved, or when inside.
3. Practice regular hand sanitizing.
4. No privately held events will be taking place (i.e. in a private home).
5. If you are feeling any symptoms, please refrain from attending an event. If you must cancel at the last minute due to symptoms, please message your host and there will be no violation of the group’s late cancellation/no show policy, but please try to give your host as much notice as possible.
6. If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, or who is suspected to have Covid-19, please refrain from attending any events for 14 days from the date you received notification.
7. Your event host will be recording your full name and contact information for contact tracing purposes. We will be following strict privacy rules and will be destroying that information once it is no longer required. It will not be used or kept for any marketing or third-party purposes. If you have any privacy concerns, please contact the group owner, Tina.
As a member of this meetup group you have read and agree to the following Release and Indemnity Agreement: Being a member or participant or any guest thereof, of any activity organized by the HAMILTON & BURLINGTON PREMIER SOCIAL GROUP you release and forever discharge its organizer or assistants from any claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and actions or any liability in anyway connecting to or however arising as a result of participation in any activity or event organized by this meetup group. You agree that you are physically fit to participate in the activities.