Adirondacks, Keene, NY
• Thank you for answering qualifying question as you RSVP! •
$255.00 (all meals included!)
NON-REFUNDABLE * fee required to secure your spot.
Join us Thursday, July 13 through Sunday, July 16 for an Adirondacks adventure featuring The Gothics Range, a difficult hike over four peaks: Gothics, Armstrong, Upper Wolfjaw and Lower Wolfjaw. This is anticipated to be a VERY strenuous hike with significant climbs. We will be watching for those conditioned and ready for the challenge!
We plan to stay at the Johns Brooks Lodge in a common bunk room accommodating ten fun-loving hikers. The lodge invites a communal spirit, so those needing privacy may not find this arrangement suitable. Those interested should indicate they "want a spot". Once accepted, a Paypal deposit will be required to reserve your spot.
The Hike Plan:
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR HIKES:
1) Bring gloves! You'll need to use both your hands & your feet in many places along the trails.
2) It takes a village to pull off a great hike! It is essential that every hiker review and carry with them a trail map available at most outfitters or here: https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/maps/trail-maps/new-york/742-lake-placid--high-peaks%3A-adirondack-park-trail-map
3) Expect frequent stops to enjoy the trail and allow the group to regather. The expectation is that we will hike as a group. Please, no hiker should hike too far ahead or stay too far behind.
Johns Brook Lodge - Details here:
* Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but may be transferred to another qualifying hiker if available.
-- The final ascent up Gothics --
-- Descending from Armstrong --
-- Johns Brook Lodge --
** Carpool does not mean a free ride...please be courteous to your driver and compensate fairly.
Small sedan = 36.9¢ per mile + tolls
Medium sedan = 47.8¢ per mile + tolls
Large sedan = 58¢ per mile + tolls
4WD Sport/SUV = 57.3¢ per mile + tolls
Minivan = 51.5¢ per mile + tolls
NOTICE: By attending an event you are agreeing that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AT ALL TIMES. No member of the group EXCEPT YOURSELF can be held responsible for any damages, accidents, or liabilities incurred while hiking with us.
I'm Steve I live in Newark, DE
Love to be outside, hiking, meeting new people.
Just an old hiker gal!
Enjoy hiking and biking on weekends. Interested in local and multi day backpacking trips.
Love to hike.
Hi, I am Annie!