Head out from Liberty Harbor (Jersey City) to Raritan Bay
THIS IS A WAITING LIST: FINAL SELECTION OF CREW ON FRIDAY
I need to know who has sailing experience. See sign up question.
• Capacity 6 people (30 foot sailboat with cabin)
• If RSVP is full, don't be shy about the waiting list. I try to mix skilled boaters with newbies.
• No fee, but plan for food (bring lunch, water).
• No alcohol while under way.
• Don't forget sun block (http://imgur.com/gallery/ZCrrGuJ), sunglasses, and a camera. We will need two bags of ice.
• If you get might seasick, take precautions beforehand. Consider remedies such as a wrist band (http://www.walgreens.com/q/motion-sickness-wrist-bands), or talk to your doctor about Transderm Scop, meclizine or Dramamine (https://www.drugs.com/condition/motion-sickness.html). Bear in mind that you typically are directed to take these medications several hours in advance.
• Even if the forecast is clear, it may rain; bring an anorak or windbreaker.
• Again, bring water, also I have instant Gatorade.
• Parking is $5 if you are a guest of mine (you are), $8 if you are not. Be sure to tell the guard.
• Life jackets are essential. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDt1Xk74Mk) Yes I have life vests.
This is a sail, and sailing is not a passive thing, at least not while underway. You need to stay alert as to moving lines (ropes), and various parts of the boat such as the boom.
Weather forecast linked here. (https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=07302&MR=1)
Marine Forecast here. (https://www.wunderground.com/marine-weather/AN/338.html)