This month we'll have six 20-minute presentations on the following topics:
• WRF (Weather Research and Forecasting)
• NEMO5 (NanoElectronics Modeling Tools)
• OS and run-time support for the SCC apps at SC 13
• Library support for the Student Cluster Competition (SCC) applications at SC 13
Each year at the Supercomputing conference, undergraduate students compete in the Student Cluster Competition. Boston has fielded a team for several years with excellent results.
This year, a Commodity Cluster track has been introduced. In this track, teams of five students will bring commercially available hardware that is not to exceed a $2500 USD retail price limit and a 15-amp power limit.
We will hear presentations from both the standard and commodity track teams.
• The standard track team comes out of Boston University and Northeastern University
• The commodity track team consists of students from Bentley University and Northeastern University
Food & drink will be sponsored by Microway.