1423 E. Linwood Blvd., Kansas City, MO
• In case of last minute site changes, all volunteers will meet at the Habitat office at 8:00am. Our office is located at 1423 E. Linwood Blvd. KC, MO. 64109. Southeast corner of Linwood and Paseo.
• Parking is sometimes limited at our building sites. For volunteer groups, carpooling from the office is encouraged.
• All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. All volunteers are required to fill out a waiver of liability for each calendar year they volunteer. The waiver form is available here you can fill it out and bring it with you on your scheduled date. If you are volunteering with a group, we will need a waiver form for each person in the group. (waiver forms are also available at the Habitat office)
• We will have 30 to 45 minutes set aside for lunch time. You can bring your lunch or have lunch delivered to the Habitat office. You are welcome to use our conference room for lunch.
• You should bring a refillable water bottle, and a pair of work gloves. We ask that you wear clothes you don’t mind getting messed up, and wear sturdy/closed toe & heeled shoes (NO flip flops, sandals, or crocs!)
• Dress for the weather. If there has been rain on previous days, be prepared for the sites to be muddy.
• For inclement weather updates, please call the Volunteer Department (816)[masked] ext 101 after 7:15AM on the morning of the scheduled work day. We ONLY update the message if we have to cancel or delay work. If you get the regular message, we’re on for the day. Very rarely do we cancel work. We will not build if the weather creates unsafe conditions.