***Expressions of Interest for Hack Sounds Core Program***
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for new members of our core program, which is a 2 term (10 weeks per term) program covering music theory basics, collaboration skills, music technology, improvisation techniques, songwriting and production. It is 6-8pm on Monday evenings at 107 in Redfern, starting March 5th. It's a free program, but limited to around 12 members per semester, for optimal learning outcomes. We combine some educational components, alongside self-directed learning and hands on with fun and easy to use equipment. We encourage female members to apply, and welcome people from all cultures, creed, any disability-just let us know of any access needs, or any level of musical skill, but you must be committed to, and have an active interest in learning about electronic music making. To apply, please email [masked], outlining;
- basic background on yourself
- what interests you about Hack Sounds?
- your background with music making-it doesn't matter if it's limited
- have you created music in collaboration with others before? Please let us know about that process.
- your aspirations around music-do you want to produce music? be in a band? do sound in a venue?
- what you'd like to learn from the program
- whether or not you can commit to the two terms fully-we expect regular attendance
- anything else you think is relevant
We will have another intake later in the year, so if you're unable to commit for this semester, keep an eye out for future similar posts. We will also have several "Come and Play" sessions (our open attendance events), which will be posted here prior to the event.