addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hacker Lab Message Board › Closed

Closed

A former member
Post #: 32
Closed
Larry G.
user 100917132
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 1
An alternative to X-10 and Infineon? I could definitely beta test something like that.

But I would have to agree that with all of the options out there, I doubt someone is going to be willing to pay a monthly fee for this.
Marsh
MarshWildman
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 2,123
It's pretty tough to turn something into a business when you won't say anything about it to the public unless they commit to giving you $6.00/mo...especially when someone else is already out there doing the same thing for free.
X-10 has dozens of power interfaces that can be controlled from any internet connection for free. They're not even the only ones doing it either. I don't see how to compete with that.
Can you explain your approach? I mean the idea of bringing something brand new to the market and going up against long established companies is not unheard of, but you have to have something that nobody else is doing...like a fast good looking electric car that goes 300 miles on a charge. This doesn't sound like that from the modicum of information you've given.