CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE (not meetup) (http://www.debugdc.com)
TL;DR - If DC were a PC, it would be buggy as hell. Lets DEBUG DC so we can finally pass #&$%*&! Immigration Reform
June 21-22 - Hackathon
June 23-26 - Put your solution to the test
June 27 - Wrap party
FWD.us (http://www.fwd.us/) and Hackers/Founders are combining forces to help the tech community mobilize a grassroots effort to bring about a change to our nation’s broken and outdated immigration system, which stifles innovation, weakens our economy, and hurts millions of American families.
Let’s use technology to encourage supporters who know it’s time to fix our broken immigration system to contact their representatives and demand reform - and help make existing advocacy efforts even more effective.
Come to the DEBUG DC growthathon and use your skills to hack immigration reform and encourage Congress to take action.
How do we DEBUG DC? How about the first political growthathon ever?
1. Target critical legislative districts
2. Data mine the districts to find registered voters that are likely to support immigration reform.
3. Growth hack ways to motivate these voters to ask their legislators for a vote on immigration reform.
4. Measure results
We need developers, growth hackers, data scientists, and UI/UX designers. If you're pissed off about immigration, that's even better.
Since this is the first growthathon of its kind, below are a few guidelines to help you know what to expect.
• Data mining/web scraping skills a big plus
• Think creatively about potential voter acquisition channels
• Be willing to call, email, do SEM, SMM, A/B test, etc.
• What box?
• Statistics and data analysis (duh!)
• Locate new sources of voter data
• How to infer voter sentiment from sparse data
• Front end design
• Mobile and/or web
• Anything you can tell us about how people interact with data
Prizes for Top Three Teams - Meetings with Awesome People
Calculated by the number of representative contacts generated by each team using FWD’s tools.
• Vinod Khosla (Khosla Ventures)
• Craig Newmark (Craig’s List)
• Dan’l Lewin (VP, Tech Engagement, Microsoft)
Please help - REGISTER HERE (http://www.debugdc.com)