Hadoop-DC Message Board › Mid to Senior Level Engineer with (Distributed || SOA || NoSQL) Experience
|A former member||
Mid to Senior Level Engineer with (Distributed || SOA || NoSQL) Experience
Clearance: TS//SCI desired; will consider exceptional uncleared candidates
Location: Development in Rosslyn, VA
Berico Technologies is seeking enthusiastic technologists to help us build a High-Performance Computing architecture for our customers in the Defense and Intelligence Community. Join us as we apply cutting-edge technologies in a range of disciplines spanning distributed processing, virtualization and provisioning, natural language processing, large data storage, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
We are looking for mid to senior level candidates with experience in enterprise architecture, cloud computing, visualization, nontraditional storage, or text processing, especially those with backgrounds in Enterprise Java (J2EE or Spring). If you feel like you can contribute in one of these areas, or have another skill that would be unique to our project, we would love to hear from you! This could not only be your opportunity to play with those exciting technologies you've been dying to learn, but also a unique chance to join one of the ten best companies in the Washington, DC area (according to the Washington Business Journal).
We may be looking for you…
• If you believe in Unit Testing and Domain Driven Design, please apply.
• If you think SOA is more than just Web Services, please apply.
• If you love virtualization and understand why it's important, please apply.
• If IOC and AOP are close friends of yours, please apply.
• If you are thinking about what language you want to learn next, please apply (especially if it's something like: Clojure, Scala, Haskell, Lisp, Erlang, F#, Python, Ruby, Lua, Boo, R, or Go).
• If you find the impedance mismatch of OOP and RDBMS annoying, please apply.
• If you have ever manually invoked garbage collection in .NET (without a reason you're prepared to vigorously defend), please don’t apply.
• If you find yourself playing with Raven DB one day, and then Vaadin, or Thrift or protobuf or Sammy.js or node.js another day, please apply.
• Most importantly, if you KNOW that Han shot first, please apply!
• Active Top Secret SCI Clearance desired, but we are willing to take exceptional “uncleared” candidates through the clearance process.
• Mastery of one enterprise language (Java, .NET, C++, Python, Ruby)
• Your hands should be dirty with a couple of the following:
• Enterprise Architecture
o SOA / EDA
o Rules Engines
o Complex Event Processing
o Messaging (Remoting)
o Web Services
o Batch Processing
o Domain Specific Languages
o Web Development
• Unit Testing and Mocking Frameworks
o Distributed Databases
o Distributed Processing
o Design Patterns
o Concurrency (Actors, Message Passing)
• Analytic disciplines
o Machine Learning
o Natural Language Processing
o 2D/3D Visualization
o Graphing and Charting Frameworks
Major Bonuses, but not necessary:
• Strong Mathematical Background (especially in Statistics)
• Significant Experience with Open Source .NET or Java frameworks
• Practical Experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, RavenDB, CouchDB, MongoDB, Neo4j, or Redis
• Practical Experience with OSGi and the Spring ecosystem
• Have a software-engineering uncle named “Robert”
• Active Open Source framework contributor, or have your own blog!
Compensation & Benefits:
• Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
• Comprehensive, Company Paid CareFirst PPO for you and your family (We pay your premiums and deductibles)
• 401(k) & 4% matching (vested day 1)
• 15 day paid time off (plus Federal holidays)
• $5k annual training allowance
• $500 annual book allowance
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Plus Much More!
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer