addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hadoop-DC Message Board › Waiting List

Waiting List

Ed K.
user 10991619
Washington, DC
I've received some e-mails regarding the waiting list, so I'd like to send a summary of how this has worked in the past and how it will work for the current Meetup. I'd also like to take this opportunity to seek suggestions on new future venues.

This meetup is likely to be crowded. Please make sure your reservation is accurate and change your RSVP if you don't plan on attending. It is unlikely that we will have extra space for waiting list attendees.

We are also searching for a new venue. The Library of Congress's Digital Learning Library is no longer available. If anyone can suggest a large meeting space (preferably in the beltway) that can routinely accomodate 80-90 people that would be great. Please note that we often have non-citizens who attend the meetups; if your facility has government imposed requirements on visitor citizenship we will probably be unable to host the meeting there.