HRK9A is a group of people who love their dogs, and want to be more active with them! Our group participates in monthly walks in the park, trips to the beach, backyard play dates, local dog friendly events, and much more! We encourage our members to be responsible pet owners, and strive to provide a fun, friendly, and safe community for dogs and their people!
Our community goals:
• Motivate pet owners to be more active with their dogs!
• Provide a safe environment where friendly dogs may interact.
• Educate our community on responsible pet ownership.
We have a few rules for the safety of everyone involved in our group:
• All dogs MUST be up to date on their Rabies, Distemper and Bordatella vaccines.
• Puppies must have completed a full series of vaccines (this includes at least 3 Distemper/Parvo boosters, 1 Bordatella, and 1 Rabies vaccine).
• Handlers are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs and monitoring their behavior.
• Any behavior issues (such as mounting) should be corrected by the handler.
• Handlers should ask before allowing their dogs to greet another dog.
• We strongly discourage the use of retractable leashes.
• If your dog needs space, please tie a yellow ribbon to their leash or collar.
• Keep treats and food AWAY from other dogs! NEVER give food or treats to someone else's dog without permission. Some dogs are food aggressive or may have allergies.
• Intact females may not participate with the group while they are in heat.
• Use caution when bringing toys or treats to an event, as some dogs may not like to share.