Are you in your 30's, 40's or 50's? Single? Happy? Do you enjoy doing fun and exciting social activities with quality people? Reside in Tampa Bay? If you answered Yes to all, come join us! Most events are expected to be held in Tampa. Members are encouraged to actively participate and make suggestions for events and, if possible, host them.
In order to maintain a comfortable atmosphere for everyone and the quality of our events, there are a few rules and requirements:
1. There will be ZERO-TOLERANCE towards disrespect, spamming, solicitation, bullying, harassment, slander, bigotry, racism, promotion of any agenda, drunken, lewd or promiscuous etc. (collectively, "BAD") behavior, lack of timely payment (for paid events), and so forth.
2. A minimum/maximum attendance limit may be placed for many of our events to allow adequate yet personal mingling. The maximum cap will vary with the type of event and venue. However, there will be no-cap events also.
3. Sometimes a quick response may be required, thus having a smartphone with the Meetup app installed is strongly advised.
4. Photo Policy: A proper profile photo is *required* at all times. It should be a recent, closeup (head and shoulders) shot with the face clearly visible; there should be no other people in the photo. It helps us in recognizing you when you attend events.
5. RSVP/NO-SHOW Policy: The Organizers spend time and effort researching and organizing events, often at prime locations. Also, the places we visit may get extra help in order to provide good service for the number of people they're expecting. Therefore, honor your RSVP and don't be a no-show. If your plans change, change your RSVP promptly; ditto if you're on the Waitlist. Do *not* attend if the event is full and you're still Waitlisted. For a Waitlisted event, Late Cancels and No Shows will count as 2x the number of spots blocked (10x for Charitable and Volunteer events), 1x otherwise. REPEATED NO-SHOWS, FLIPS, SHADOWING OR CRASHING INTO EVENTS, OR LATE/DAY-OF-EVENT CANCELLATIONS *WILL* RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE GROUP; a warning message may or may not be sent before removal.
6. Right of membership reserved. The Organizers have the right and sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any applicant/member at any time for any reason. Inactive members will be purged periodically. No prior warning may be given.
7. Behavior: This is a social group where everyone should feel comfortable. This group is *not* suitable for heavy drinkers or those who want to party all the time. Members are requested to be cordial and interact with everyone. Groupism (i.e. factions) is (are) strongly discouraged and is (are) cause for removal.
8. As some events may be held at venues that serve alcohol, it is important to read & understand the following DISCLOSURE: By joining this Group, you acknowledge you and your guests (if any) are of legal drinking age and will drink and behave responsibly while at our events. We ask all members and their guests to understand that they are responsible for their own actions. The Group is not liable for a member’s or a guest's behavior, actions or decisions while in attendance of our events or after.
9. MORE LEGAL STUFF: (a) Members agree to attend any and all events voluntarily and at their own risk and will indemnify and hold harmless the Group, all Organizers/Event Hosts, other members and Meetup from any and all claims or liability (including court costs & legal fees). This includes, but is not limited to, injury or death to any person, property damage, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
(b) You expressly waive any and all claims against each and every other member in the Group, including without limitation any and all claims against all Organizers and Event Hosts.
10. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES: (a) Members should understand that neither Meetup nor the Organizers screen members and therefore each member should utilize the same caution in interacting with others as they would with any stranger they have met on the internet. (b) Members and their guests (if any) are liable for payment for all food, drinks and other expenses they may incur at an event, including any property damage. (c) Attending events constitutes your permission for the Organizers/Hosts/Members to take and post pictures which may include you.
11. Everything stated above for members applies to their guests as well.
12. Please click 'Chip in' on the left (or on the Meetup app's dropdown menu) to contribute toward the cost of running the Group, it's greatly appreciated!
IMPORTANT: Your joining, as well as remaining a member, of this Group is an acknowledgement of acceptance of these terms as well as any future updates. Please check this section frequently!