Achieving Your Potential as a Photographer---2016 Edition
A Multi-Modal Ongoing Six-Month Workshop with Harold Davis
This workshop is full!
What: This workshop presents a unique opportunity for mentoring by Harold Davis in the context of a supportive group environment. Each participant will conclude the workshop with a completed project such as a book, portfolio, or planned exhibition.
Harold states, “I am very fortunate to have met some extremely advanced photographers in my workshops and through my books. But many of these individuals are stuck and have not been able to move ahead. If this sounds like you, I believe I can provide you with the tools and structure to help take you to the next level.”
What some participants said about the 2014 edition of this workshop:
• "Such a wonderful group. I am truly inspired! Thanks, Harold."
• "Thank you for provided the tools I need to take my photography up not one notch, but many notches, to the next level indeed!"
• "The Achieving Your Potential workshop has had a substantial impact on my photographic journey. Thanks for the mentoring, assistance, and inspiration."
• "I particularly liked getting feedback from the group and from Harold regarding my goals and progress each month. As opposed to workshops where you just meet for a fixed time and there is no follow-up, Achieving Your Potential provides a well-thought-out and concrete ongoing follow-up mechanism via the webinars."
Paid participants in the 2016 workshop will receive their own signed copy of Achieving Your Potential As a Photographer: A Photographer's Creative Companion and Workbook (http://amzn.com/1138826367).
This workshop provides a platform for ongoing mentoring. Customized individual assignments will be given. After the initial intensive two-day in-person session, we will keep in touch with monthly private group online webinars and individual phone or email consultations. A final dinner to review work and celebrate our progress will be provided at the conclusion of the workshop.
Who this workshop is for: Advanced amateur and semi-pro photographers who want to take their work to the next level, either as a means to make money, or simply for personal satisfaction.
Suggested Reading: A reading list will be provided to participants in advance of the workshop.
Registration Process and Prerequisites: Admission is by portfolio review only. To be considered for this workshop opportunity:
1. If you are a Meetup member, make sure you have joined Photography with Harold Davis.
2. Email Harold ( [masked] ) no more than six low resolution JPEGs of your work. A link to an online portfolio can be substituted for the JPEGs. Include in your email a two or three sentence summary of what you would like to get out of the workshop. Please include the name you use on Meetup in your email and use the subject line "Achieve My Potential Workshop".
2. If you are accepted in the workshop, we will send you an invoice for payment so you can complete enrollment, and also add you to the event if you are a Meetup member. Note that payment plan in two installments is possible if that works better for you (see below, please let us know if you would like this option).
When: The initial two-day in-person workshop session will be held Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13, 2016, with remote webinars and the final dinner meeting to be arranged depending upon the group schedule.
Where: The initial two-day weekend in-person session of the workshop will be hosted in Berkeley, California at a convenient location. The monthly online webinar meetings will be scheduled as best suits the group, with individual phone conferences scheduled at the convenience of Harold and the participant. Participants will be notified of the location of the final Bay area dinner. To get the most out of this workshop you should be prepared to commit at a minimum to the initial weekend workshop and to attending the online webinars.
What is included: An initial two-day intensive in-person workshop, six monthly private online group webinars, individual telephone or email consultations with Harold, and a final celebratory dinner in a private room at a Bay area restaurant.
Cost: Tuition is $1,245.00 per person. A two installment payment plan is available ($622.50 on acceptance, and $622.50 January 1, 2016). Workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 participants. The final dinner is included in the cost.
About Harold Davis: Harold Davis is an award-winning professional photographer and widely recognized as one of the leading contemporary photographers. His images are widely collected and commissioned, and his popular photo workshops are often sold out. He has been recognized as a Moab Master for his printmaking prowess.
He is the author of many bestselling books about photography and Photoshop, including The Way of the Digital Photographer (Peachpit Press), Creating HDR Photos: The Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Photography (Amphoto), Photographing Flowers: Exploring Macro Worlds with Harold Davis (Focal Press), and The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing (Focal Press).
Harold is the author of the Creative Photography series from Wiley Publishing.
“Harold Davis’s Creative Photography series is a great way to start a photography library”—Daniel Fealko, PhotoFidelity.