The announcement supersedes the previous announcement, and it precedes the October 18 event by one week, so here’s what you need to know:
(1) On this Meetup page, click the check mark if you plan to join us for the event at Bushnell Park.
(2) Use this link to go to the HAH team page on the Light the Night (LtN) website:
(3) The HAH/LtN page has a red “Donate to Team” button. Please make a donation if you haven't already. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society does very valuable work.
(4) To register for the walk, click either the “Walk with us” button or the “Join” button.
• Both of them bring up a page that shows that you selected The October 18 walk in Bushnell Park.
• Below that is the question “How Will You Participate”?
• Click “Join a Team”. The same web page will (eventually) scroll itself down to say that you’re joining Hartford Area Humanists.
• It then requires you to sign in by one of three methods.
Here is some logistical information about the October 18 event:
(1) Try to arrive at Bushnell Park by 6 PM.
(2) If you registered for this event (on the HAH page on the LtN website), go to a booth where your name will be checked off, and you will be given a lantern to carry for the walk.
(3) I’m not aware of an landmarks that could serve as a rendezvous point for our team, so we should make a point of hanging around near the stage, where we can find each other.
(4) Some members of Connecticut Valley Atheists (CVA) will join us, and since October 18 is CVA’s Pub Night, we will join them for dinner at 8 PM at Agave Grill (100 Allyn St, Hartford). Note that this is optional.
Feel free to contact me about this. My email is [masked].