What we're about
We welcome people from all walks of life and firearm ownership is not required. This group is for the first time, new, and experienced shooters to come together and participate in firearm related activities. Our goal is to get people involved and have a good time participating in the shooting sports whether it's trying it out, recreational shooting, competition, hunting, and other activities with handguns, rifles, and shotguns. For those that never shot before, we will help guide you in finding training, purchasing your first firearm, and getting into the activity that you want to pursue. This group is about education, coming together, mentorship, and joining the firearms community.
Anyone is welcome to join who is enthusiastic about shooting and meeting great people!
NOTE: Please refrain from all political discussions as they can become heated and alienate members.
THE LEGAL STUFF:
Shooting is a challenging and exciting sport. I do advise that your participation is strictly voluntarily so you are at YOUR OWN RISK! The group organizers and members are not held responsible for any injuries or mishaps that may occur during events.
Certain persons may not be able to handle firearms due to State and Federal laws. You may not join this group or attend activities if you are:
1. A fugitive from justice or is a person prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law
2. Under indictment for, or has waived indictment for, or has been bound over to the circuit court for, or has been convicted in this State or elsewhere of having committed a felony, or any crime of violence, or an illegal sale of any drug shall own, possess, or control any firearm or ammunition therefor.
3. Is or has been under treatment or counseling for addiction to, abuse of, or dependence upon any dangerous, harmful, or detrimental drug, intoxicating compound, or intoxicating liquor.
4. Has been acquitted of a crime on the grounds of mental disease, disorder, or defect.
5. Is or has been diagnosed as having a significant behavioral, emotional, or mental disorders.
6. Currently under a Temporary Restraining Order which prevents you from posssessing firearms.
Further information can be found at http://honolulupd.org/information/index.php... (http://honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain. ); Please contact us if you have any questions on this.