Bring a charity knitting or crochet project to work on or donate a finished piece. The knit/crochet knit-a-long is optional.
baby: 24” up to 40” square or rectangle as small as 24” up to 40” long
child: 24" sq up to 36" or 40" & not necessarily square
adult: 40” x 70”
lap: 30” x 42”
fetal still born: 12” up to 18” square
Linus Project: 40” x 60”
• Chemo Blankets/Shawls 30" x 48"
• Chemo caps – all sizes; male and female including children
• Preemie and infant hats – fits a large orange to grapefruit
• Wool winter hats, gloves and scarves – all sizes; male and female including children
• Squares or rounds for animal shelters – 15” to 18” up to 3 feet
• 7” x 9” squares for Warm up America!
• Chemo caps and shawls, lap blankets, Linus Project, preemie and infant hats and fetal stillborn, baby and child blankets are donated to the hospitals and cannot contain any wool/animal fibers due to potential animal fiber allergies. Acrylics and cotton are acceptable.
• Adult blankets, winter items, and animal shelter rounds or squares can use blended yarn including wool blends.
• Warm Up America! squares 100% acrylic; worsted weight
2013 Heart to Hand Summer Knit/Crochet-A-Long
Join me for a summer knit/crochet-a-long. We will be working on a baby blanket by Purl Bee called “The New Super Easy Baby Blanket”. This pattern is actually a knit pattern but can be easily adapted for crocheters. Here’s the Ravelry link: http://www.ravelry.co... (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/new-super-easy-baby-blanket) . Finished blankets will be donated. If you would like to participate, blankets are due to me by August 31st.
*Just a reminder, no wool or wool blend yarn.
View the thread here: http://www.meetup.com/Heart-to-Hand/messages/boards/thread/35079522