addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Looking for a few members to do weekday hikes at Croom or some other place where we can get about a 3 hour hike in. I'm open to most anyplace as long as I don't have to slog through a swamp.

Tammy G
user 42390992
Winter Haven, FL
Post #: 1
You probably already know these trails, but here's my 2 cents:
I go to the new trail at Marshall Hampton Reserve right around the corner from Circle B. Ther is a flat but pretty 3.5 mile loop from the parking area and also a loop around the lake (not sure of the distance). The lake trail is dry. The other trail has bridges wherever the trail tends to flood.

Another nearby option is the Tenoroc trail that starts at Saddle Creek Park, I was on that yesterday. The main loop by the park was pretty dry, but if you go over the stream (part of the Peace River) toward Saddle Creek Road, that area was flooded in a few places. I'll try the trail north of Saddle Creek Rd this weekend and report on that. .:)

I live really close to all of these places, so of course I would LOVE to see a group hike at any of them. The Circle B trail we took last time I joined the group hike is very nice, but it's a little too tame for my taste for repetitive hikes.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Tammy, I have not hiked those places but will check them out soon. Circle Bar B is nice for viewing critters and birds but every time you turn around a bicycle is shooting by you and they sneak up behind me too quickly. I prefer to hike where there aren't so many bikes, that's one reason I like the scrub, it's too hard to ride a bike through that soft sand :-)

Robert E
user 12989736
Port Richey, FL
Post #: 38
I'm always available for a good hike, mud is not really an issue, only extreme heat and humidity or mosquito's will deter me...

I do prefer hikes over 6 miles and don't like to crawl (no "nature hikes")

Thanks
A former member
Post #: 3
Sounds great Robert, looks like the place Tammy is talking about is pretty nice and both loops are about 5 miles. http://www.polknature...­

You don't do heat and skeeters? You do know you're in Florida, right? laughing
Maybe after the first good frost you'd like to hit that trail near Winter Haven. Tammy could give us a guided tour.
Tammy G
user 42390992
Winter Haven, FL
No bikes allowed on either! Marshall Hampton is for horses and hikers only, and the Tenoroc is hikers only. I've never seen bikes on either, except my ex-husband tried to bike Tenoroc.... way too difficult, and he got lost. Not permanently though, so I had to go the legal route to get rid of him. :)
A former member
Post #: 10
I would be very interested in doing some week day hikes on the Florida Trail. I will be in the Central Florida area from September 21 until September 30.
Tammy G
user 42390992
Winter Haven, FL
Post #: 3
I asked the organizers if I can host a MeetUp on a weekday evening for Marshall Hampton Reserve. It's the same area as Circle B; nice wide trail through mostly woods with just one wet spot right now, plus a loop around the lake that is more open and has NO mud. We would need to meet at about 6:00 p.m. The main loop takes just over an hour if you don't stop to take pictures. If we added in the lake loop on the way back, the total hike is about 1:20, so we would get back to the parking area around dusk.
Robert E
user 12989736
Port Richey, FL
Post #: 39
Contact me thru meetup and I will send my # I live in LOL and can go hiking almost anytime.
A former member
Keith and Kelly did not know of Marshall hampton trail, thks for sharing Keith