Ronald Bradford (http://ronaldbradford.com/) comes to talk us about Effective MySQL Architecture and Design Practices and Effective Software Development with MySQL.
First presentation will focus on correctly designing a MySQL architecture has a huge impact on the growth of your system for future needs. Key points are
• The strengths and weaknesses of MySQL
• What MySQL scale-out architecture means
• High Availability considerations
• The importance of changing key system default configurations
• How to integrate MySQL with existing and and new data sources.
Next we think that while the MySQL RDBMS is essential for storing your information, how your application interacts and with applicable business logic is what makes each company in unique. We'll focus on
• Integrating MySQL with common programming languages
• The various developer tools that work well with MySQL
• The importance on developing standards and good SQL practices
• Common mistakes developers and frameworks make, and how to avoid them.
• What causes the most time for development and support time.
• How to invest time in quality and performance during development
... and after talks there is time for networking and perhaps some beer. =)
MySQL Tour in Nordics and Baltics is made possible by co-operation of Oracle User Group Finland, Latvian Oracle User Group, Oracle User Group Estonia and Swedish MySQL User Group with help of Oracle ACE program. Event venue sponsored by Solinor Oy.