HerSpace is for queer women, women who fall in love with other women, MTF transgenders, or women with non-hetero sexuality.
We'd like to meet, share stories, mingle, talk about coming out, laugh with (or at) each other, explore places and activities, talk over coffee or drinks, brave clubs, support causes, and gain friends. Although this group is not for dating, you still might get lucky. Tell us what you want to do here: Activities Survey Form (https://goo.gl/forms/9awQp58syn5xeeX93)
Requirements for Membership 1. Have a photo where your face is recognizable. You can change your photo once accepted. 2. Respond to our messages to you here on Meetup because we'd like to keep an active roster. 3. You also need to be a female or transgender (MTF) member of the LGBT Community. Although we appreciate our cisgender and straight supporters, we want to create this space specifically for Her.
To continue as a member, show up in a meetup once in 6 months and do not have more than 2 no shows in 6 months (you RSVPd "Yes" but didn't show up). Organizers reserve the right to let you stay on as a member based on how you interact with other members of our community, so although it's been said that there's no drama like lesbian drama, ladies, always be at your best behavior.
We'll meet a couple of times a month. You're free to suggest activities that interest you. Please RSVP when you're sure to make it.
See you soon!
GUIDELINES FOR MEETUPS
• Show up in a meetup in the next 6 months after your membership to stay on as a member. If there's no meetup that matches your schedule, send a message to the organizers so we can set one up just to match yours. Fill this form please: Activities Survey Form (https://goo.gl/forms/9awQp58syn5xeeX93).
• Always be respectful towards each other regardless of religion, political beliefs, age, body type, nationality, fashion sense (yes!), etc.
• Arrive on time or at least inform the organizer you'll be late.
• Show up when you RSVP "yes". Plans changed? Switch your RSVP to "not going" 2 counts of "no show" will be a ground from removing your membership from the group. This is because there's plenty of ways to let us know that you can't make it (Email, SMS, Meetup) and so not being able to do that is not cool unless you have a pretty good reason.
• Unless specifically announced as cancelled, the meetup WILL happen.
• Some members are not out yet, so please be discreet with their identities.
• Do not bring men or other people outside of meetup as this might make other attendees uncomfortable. If you want to, please get the organizers' permission first.