Changi Boulevard, Singapore
Nepal is more than just trekking. In fact, it is one of the best places in the world for white water rafting.
The Tamur is one of the most remote rivers in Nepal and one of the best commercial rafting trips in the world. A three day trek to the starting point takes you through beautiful countryside and remote villages down to the river. Also known as “The Jewel in the East” it flows from the run off of the mighty Kanchenjunga before becoming part of the Sapta Kosi at Tribeni. Your trip down the river will be 130km long with some 120 rapids to keep you busy and some amazing scenery when you get the chance to kick back and relax.
Probably the best combination trip in Nepal- magnificent white water, a beautiful unspoilt valley, combined with one of the most scenic treks in Nepal.
Day 1 (2 Mar)
Arrive Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and rest.
Day 2-3 (3 - 4 Mar)
We'll Join the staff in the gear bus to get to Biratnagar which leaves the afternoon before and takes approximatley 20 hours to reach Dobhan; else take an early morning flight on the day from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (option of flying there and back for an additional US$171 either way), which takes around 45 minutes where our team will be waiting to pick you up and drive you to Dobhan.
Day 4-6 (5 - 7 Mar)
Today we begin our trek from Dobhan.. Days are long and the trail can be difficult in places, this is a real expedition! Porters will carry personal gear bags and Sherpas will guide the way. Expedition members are responsible for a day pack with a warm set of clothes, water bottle and camera. You can expect to get a taste of the real Nepal and some spectacular Himalayan mountain views including Mount Everest and Kanchanjunga. The highlight of the trail is the stunning lake at Gofa Pokhari
Day 7-12 (8 - 13 Mar)
The trek is over and now its time to hit the water. This river boasts non-stop whitewater, whether you are in a raft or kayak we guarantee this is the trip of a life time. Over 120 rapids in 130km of water - Epic! We'll camp on white sandy beaches and have camp fires most nights. 6 river days, with no internet, no roads, nothing...simply bliss. The first 2 days and the final day are described as some of the best whitewater in the world, and we couldn't agree more. On the final river day, we will take out at Chatra around 1pm and transfer you back to Kathmandu which will arrive early the following morning (Or be transferred to Biratnagar airport for a quick 45 minute flight back, option of flying there and back for an additional US$171 either way,).
Day 13 (14 Mar)
Travel overnight by bus back to Kathmandu
Day 14 (15 Mar)
Arrive morning in Kathmandu. Flight back to home sweet home
- Airport Pick-up
- Hotel upon arrival
- Qualified (WRT, SRT, IRF, First Aid), licensed (Nepal government), good english speaking guides.
- Trained safety kayakers.
- Gear support rafts
- High spec. rafting equipment (except shoes - trainers or sports sandals that stay on your feet). The equipment we use is mostly from America or the UK (pfd (Americas Cup), wetsuits, windproof splash jackets, helmets, dry bags for valuable items and barrels for extra protection).
- All meals to a varied western and asian menu (cooked breakfast, cold or hot lunch (depending on the days weather) and full dinner). We provide drinking water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit squash.
- Camping equipment (personal tents, comfortable sleeping mats, dining tent, toilet tents, tarpaulins)
- River permits (NARA)
- Transport to and from the river by bus.
- Trip photos and unedited video (free of charge - please bring a USB stick or SD card)
- Unrelated travel, visas, insurance, travel documents etc...
- Meals on first day of arrival and dinner on last day before flight departure
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, personal medication, clothing, camers...)
- Personal insurance
- Alcohol and additional snacks.
- Travel insurance. You are required to have adequate insurance for the activity you are participating in, we have the necessary insurance for our crew but you must have your own separate policy)
- Optional tips for guides.
Total number of days: 14 include travel time and expedition
Expedition cost : USD1100
Deposit : SGD300 to secure booking
Air Ticket : around SGD450 by Malindo Air, subject to change. Price usually goes up nearer to the date.
2 Mar SIN/KUL 1220hrs/1320hrs by Malindo Air
2 Mar KUL/KTM 1810hrs/2035hrs by Malindo Aiir
15 Mar KTM/KUL 2125hrs/0425hrs + 1 by Malindo Air
16 Mar KUL/SIN 0815hrs/0920hrs by Malindo Air
Minimum 8 to go
Under W Group Pte Ltd (TA02135)
Contact/WatsApp/WeChat : Dawn Yin Jun at [masked] for trip details
Fellow Singaporean, do consider registering with MFA when travelling overseas:
The MFA eRegister system is a voluntary and free service provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to all Singapore citizens who travel or reside overseas. Regardless of whether you are travelling abroad for study, work or leisure, the eRegister system allows you to record information about your travel itinerary abroad. The information you provide us will allow us to contact you in order to make sure that you are safe and, if need be, assist you should an emergency (eg natural disasters, civil unrest, etc).