addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Mt. San Jacinto Hiking Club Message Board › Boo Hoff trail to Lost Canyon?

Boo Hoff trail to Lost Canyon?

Rod M Cat Herdin...
user 3741287
Anaheim, CA
Post #: 96
Hey guys, Is anyone going to post this hike or Guadalupe trail to Sugarloaf cafe this winter? I've done all the Desert Divide trails, Indian Canyons & the Cactus Springs trail to Martinez, etc. but I haven't done these ones.
Probably because it tends to be a long day/ night from Orange County. :)
Or if you've done these & want to give me some tips, advise, that would be great. Thanks Rod.
Krai
user 8025680
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 2
Hey Rod, post it up, I'll do it with ya man.
Rod M Cat Herdin...
user 3741287
Anaheim, CA
Post #: 97
Hey Brother, it looks like all my hikers are moving to this club! LOL I need to be an organizer first.
I know Guadalupe Trail to Sugarloaf cafe is 15 miles 5,000' gain! Whew!
The other would be Boo Hoff to La Quinta, 12 miles, 6-7 hours 2,000'.

Kathryn
user 9598032
Group Organizer
La Quinta, CA
Post #: 9
Hi Rod,

I've done the Boo Hoff/ Guadalupe-Sugarloaf a few times and it's awesome! It requires a car shuttle and there is a section on the Guadalupe that is very hard to follow. You would definitely need a GPS on this hike. I can't lead it because of that section, but if someone has a GPS I think we would be fine. This is one of my favorite hikes and I'd love to go! If you want to lead it and become an organizer, let me know.
Rod M Cat Herdin...
user 3741287
Anaheim, CA
Post #: 98
I am doing the Cactus Springs trail & heading onto the Guadalupe trail for a few miles with my "other club" on Saturday November 19th. If some of you "professionals" want to hike with us, your welcome. I only ask that you bring a sense of humor..
Then maybe Dec or Jan, do the whole trail though to La Quinta.
I picked up an awesome map of the Santa Rosa & San Jacinto area. It shows the Guadalupe trail on it!
Rod