addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hiking and Exploring with Friends Message Board › Something Different - other than hiking.

Something Different - other than hiking. Are you interested in doing other things?

Davin J.
user 10044789
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 26
Stand up Paddle! Want to join me in doing something different?
This Monday, the 18th I will be going down to West Bay Marina in Olympia. I am going to try Stand Up Paddle. Basically, this is standing up on a larger type surfboard and paddling around.
This will be a moon light paddle, starting at 7:30 pm, for 2 hours. I have never done this before so I will be getting there at 6:30 to get some tips and the basics before starting out.
I have a wetsuit, if I can find it, and a dry suit. I think I might bring both and maybe wear one of them. However, I am told that you only need to wear what you would normally wear if you were out and walking about if you have an ok balance. I’ll bring extra towels with me just in case.
I am doing this with the Adventure Group but after meeting many of you, I know that some of you like to try different things.
Feel free to send me an e-mail or call 253-302-1004 if you have any questions.