Let's visit “The Lost City of the Incas,” Machu Picchu a Historical Sanctuary and Ancient Peru. Please RSVP to the waiting list, contact in person on a hike, via message or email to discuss more about the trip.
Tentative Schedule: May 20 to May 29 (8 days/8 nights). It can be extended to June 3, 2017
1. Airfare RT: $500 - $800 LAX to Lima
2. Visas: Peru $30
3. Lodging and Land Tours with transportation and tour guides will update (Estimate $899+ to $1499+)
Deposit and Cancellations:
***If you need to cancel, the deposit amount is non-refundable ($500 due by Feb 15, 2017. Payment after the due day will add 10% or more depending on booking and spaces are available).
***Cancellation 30 days or less prior to the trip, total trip cost is forfeit.
1. Had joined HikingOC on local hikes and conditioning hikes through out the years.
2. Indicate if you are not a moderate (level 2) hiker and like to join in the tourist group.
GENERAL RATING/DIFFICULTY: All Levels, but ideally level 2 for hiking pace and EXPLORATORY. Click RATING TABLE to learn more about hike levels
1. Macho Picchu: Lima, Aguas Calientes and Cusco(approx. 3 to 4 days).
2. Lake Titicaca: Puno, Uros & Taquile Islands and Sillustani (approx. 2 to 3 days)
3. Amazon/Rain Forest: Tambopata River, Bahuaja-Sonene National Park and Gato River (approx. 2 to 3 days)
Tentative Activities: Sightseeing, walking, hiking, boating, kayaking, zip lining, fishing, swimming and much more...
***By joining the meetup, you agree to Meetup Terms of Service releases the Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any liability related to incidents that occur at Meetup gatherings***
> YOU acknowledge THAT WE ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS.
> YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR SAFETY
Hiking is a rewarding and pleasant activity in nature, but there are certain dangers you should be aware of. Those include, but are not limited to, trip and fall injuries, bee stings, poison oak exposure, ticks, snake bites, coyotes, mountain lions or wildlife. By signing up for this event, you agree to hold harmless the hike organizer, assistant organizers and other participants for any injuries sustained during this hike***