This is a hands-on react workshop for beginners. The QuoteCenter engineering team will be teaching attendees how to build a Scalable Movie Browser App using React. Attendees will learn how to build/organize a React Application
Learning Goals & Takeaways:
• Beginner to moderate level understanding of React
• Understand state management and events
• Understand render performance and how to optimize
• Understand what tools are available for testing performance — doable in a sandbox?
• Understand testing/how to test React components
• Built a front-end application with responsive design that can be added to a portfolio or expanded
10:00 - 10:15 Introduction: What is QuoteCenter?
10:15 - 10:45 Lecture: React Concepts and Basics
10:45 - 12:00 Building a React Application Part 1
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (hosted by QuoteCenter)
1:00 - 1:30 Lecture: State Management
1:30 - 2:30 Building a React Application Part 2
2:30 - 2:45 Break
2:45- 3:00 Lecture: Testing
3:00 - 4:00 Building a React Application Part 3
4:00 - 4:15 Discussion & Sign off: React and Beyond
• Personal Laptop
• Free Account Registration with CodeSandBox - https://codesandbox.io/
---Make sure to bring your laptop, as this will be a hands-on learning process where you get to actually write your own code.
---An RSVP is needed to guarantee a seat in the class, though we may have a few open seats for last minute attendees.
---If you have any questions about the requirements and/or are unsure if you’re up to speed on the pre-requisites prior to the workshop, feel free to reach out to Nick Allen at [masked]