• What we'll do
- We will join the CLOSING PARTY of the solo exhibition of Japanese artist Eiko Maruyama at Home of Art.
- We'll have some drinks and snacks
- We will meet & Greet the artist
- We will learn about "Pika Pika"
- We will leave with a smile
- We will mingle with new friends from different nationalities and backgrounds
- We will admire Eiko's colorful and joyous contemporary art
- We will relax on giant orange fellows (female pillows) "Eiko Maruyama's Boat ' Pika Pika ' carrying the joy of colours.
De boot ' Pika Pika ' van Eiko Maruyama draagt de vreugde van kleuren.
The Inspiration behind the paintings is the boat called ' Pika Pika ' which floats in our hearts. "Pika Pika" is a Japanese phrase that characterizes the blinking of a light. It expresses the igniting of the person's heart with jubilance like Pikachu does.
Pikachu expresses all his emotions only by saying ' Pika Pika' without any other words. His voice moves our souls. It is a magic tone like the bright tone of colours.
The Boat "Pika Pika" makes us smile. This boat is floating in our hearts. The colours are very cheerful and happy to show the joy that can be found within each of us. "Pika Pika" embodies the passion, joy, smiles and energy of life.
The boat signifies the magic that protects these emotions. It is through these paintings that I can transmit this happiness and ignite other people's hearts since Pikachu's ' Pika Pika' is so close to my own heart."
Besides making new friends and ending your week with joy, you will also get the opportunity to meet Japanese artist Eiko Maruyama in person.
• What to bring
-A colorful mood and friends
-Some change for the drinks after your free welcome drink
• Important to know
Free entrance. Unfortunately the elevator does not work at the moment, so our gallery is not wheelchair accessible. It's a kid-friendly event, so feel free to bring your little ones and let us know if you need help carrying your stroller inside.