What we're about
Welcome to Homeschool PDX! The focus of our group is on building long-term friendships between local homeschooling families. Members are welcome (and strongly encouraged!) to suggest and host meetups, share homeschooling ideas, and use this group to build lasting connections with like-minded people. This is a secular group, but membership is open to everyone. Also, feel free to check out our group blog at
*Things to know before joining*
1. You must be actively homeschooling at least one child between the ages of 5 and 13 (grades K-8) in order to join Homeschool PDX. Older and younger siblings are welcome to attend events with their sibling.
2. A clear, recent profile photo of yourself is required in order to join the group. This is for the safety of all of our members and it makes finding you at events much easier!
3. Meetups in private locations - such as a personal residence - are not allowed on our meetup site. Again, this is to ensure the safety of all of our members. Feel free to make friends and invite them over to your house outside of the group.
4. All members are welcome and encouraged to organize events. In fact, suggesting and hosting an event is the best way to ensure there is something on the calendar that suits your own family's schedule and needs. Hosting just two events per year qualifies you for a membership fee waiver ... so please do your part to keep our calendar full of fun local activities! :)
5. This is not the group to join if you are exploring homeschooling as an option for your family or simply looking for more information. The focus of our group is on social events for actively homeschooling families. There are plenty of websites and resources available online for information gathering, and the best place to start is with the Oregon Home Education Network's website, www.ohen.org. You can also check out resources at www.homeschoolpdx.com.
6. If you RSVP to an event, take it seriously! If something comes up, please be conscientious of other members and organizers and change your RSVP to "no" as soon as possible. If you forget to change your RSVP to "no" before the event starts, this is considered a "no-show" and qualifies you for expulsion from the group.
7. All families must pay $6 per year for membership. This fee is waived or refunded for any member that hosts two meetups in a calendar year.
I look forward to meeting you and your family at a meetup soon - thanks so much for joining!